before the day

on Friday, September 26, 2008


Georgia and I booked ourselves into Flinders Hospital on Tuesday night (23rd Sept) at around 6:30pm. Everything was going hunky dory - we had a nice room - so nice in fact that Georgia commented that the colour of the walls made her feel physically ill - I was happy because we had a television!

We watched a few shows and joked around how things would never be the same. I told the nurse that I'd be staying the night with Georgia and she happily arranged a fold out bed complete with a mattress thinner than rice paper. After a couple of minutes I asked for another mattress and slept well until Georgia rudely woke me up demanding that I time her contractions.

THUNDER CATS ARE GO!

Georgia's contractions began at 1:30am - at 4am we moved into the Labour Ward - at 8am the anaesthetist came to give Georgia an epidural - from 11am - 1:15pm Georgia tried to deliver with no success - India was just too big!

Finally the doctor agreed, and rushed Georgia into the operating theatre to usher India into the world.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh she is beautiful - i want more photos!! - lots and lots of photos :)

Irish said...

Good hearing all your news ... Brings back memories ... Stewart got annoyed at me waking him up when I was having Celeste .... lol .. Said he was having a good nap ..... Cheeky :)

mckellar family said...

aaron was watching the footy lol - congrats

Kate said...

There's no way Todd could have slept through my mooing! And yes, I want more photos.

Dinah said...

India...oh how beautiful. Congratulations darlin' I wish I was there to feel her velvet skin and give you both a big hug. My love to all the family and especailly hugs and kisses to you both, Auntie Di